About the course
First Aid Level 1 is the entry level course which provides a set of skills to assist with basic emergency situations to assist an injured or ill person.
Level 1 is required by law as the minimum requirement in most work places and provides the learner with both theoretical and practical skills to apply First Aid treatment at work or at home.
Who can benefit from the course
Level 1 (Basic First Aid) is for the general public or nominated First Aiders at work, to equip themselves with the basic skills to assist an injured or ill person while medical help arrives or until transferred to a medical facility.
- Introduction to First Aid
- Responding to an emergency situation
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Adults
- Recognition and management of External bleeding
- Recognition and management of shock.
- How to care for a superficial burn wounds
- Stabilize an arm and leg fracture
- Recognition and treatment of sprains, strains and dislocations.
- Job specific emergencies if not covered in the content above
Duration and time allocation
Daily from 8:30 till +/- 16:00
R730 per person
Department of Labour approved
Valid for 3 years