Umbono Training Facility, 101 York Centre, Cnr York & CJ Langenhoven Street, George, Western Cape
First aid is the first and immediate assistance given to any person suffering from either a minor or serious illness or injury, with care provided to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, or to promote recovery. First aid is generally performed by someone with basic medical training.
Who Should Do this Course?
The First Aid Level 2 course provides students with an intermediate level skill set and with the knowledge to be able to assist an injured or ill person until medical help arrives or while being transferred to a professional medical facility. Ideal for outdoor enthusiasts, workers working outdoors and appointed first aiders in the workplace. It is a 3 day, Department of Labour and TETA accredited course.
- Level 2 is more in depth training to the Level 1 content with additional Environmental emergencies
- Level 3 covers additional introduction to various systems of the body as well assistance during Emergency Childbirth.
- Define First Aid and the role and responsibilities of the first aider.
- Responding to an emergency situation
- Primary and Secondary Patient Assessment
- Introduction to various systems of the body
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Adults, Children and Infants
- Airway management and breathing emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Recognition and management of Internal & External bleeding.
- Recognition & management of shock
- Management of superficial and serious burn wounds (1st, 2nd, & 3rd degree burn wounds)
- Recognition and splinting of open, closed and complicated fractures
- Recognition and treatment of sprains, strains and dislocations
- First Aid Treatment and Management of the following injuries but not limited to: Head Injuries, Electrocution, Eye injuries etc.
- Environmental emergencies: Hypothermia, Heat stroke, Near drowning, Bites & Stings e.g: snake bite, spider bite, scorpion & bee sting
- Assistance with Emergency Child Birth
This course is accredited by TETA and by the Department of Employment and Labour.
This course is aligned to Unit Standard 120496 – Provide risk-based primary emergency care/first aid in the workplace. NQF Level 2, 5 Credits.
A list of available and upcoming courses
What have others said about our training…
My instructor really brings out the best in me ans she really goes the extra mile for all of us. She strengthened my belief in myself. Now I’m more confident in my duties as a rescue person.
Very good environment, good people, great instructors, wouldn’t change anything and will definitely recommend to my fellow workers and family.
Baie deeglike instrukteer wat moeite doen sodat almal weet wat hulle moet.
Geduldig, bekwaam, en spontaan.