First aid is the first and immediate assistance given to any person suffering from either a minor or serious illness or injury, with care provided to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, or to promote recovery. First aid is generally performed by someone with basic medical training.
Who Should Do this Course?
A comprehensive course that will enable participants to prevent and respond to health emergencies at an advanced level, particularly those emergencies arising from specific occupational risks in a workplace.
Topics essential for persons working or living in areas where medical emergency response is slow and/or medical care is not readily accessible is also covered.
The course covers environmental emergencies, life threatening medical and trauma conditions. These courses are conducted with scenario simulations. It is a 5 day, Department of Labour and TETA accredited accredited course.
- Level 3 is more in depth training to the Level 2 content with additional Environmental emergencies
- Level 3 covers additional introduction to various systems of the body as well assistance during Emergency Childbirth.
- Define First Aid and the role and responsibilities of the first aider.
- Responding to an emergency situation
- Primary and Secondary Patient Assessment
- Introduction to various systems of the body
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Adults, Children and Infants
- Airway management and breathing emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Recognition and management of Internal & External bleeding.
- Recognition & management of shock
- Management of superficial and serious burn wounds (1st, 2nd, & 3rd degree burn wounds)
- Recognition and splinting of open, closed and complicated fractures
- Recognition and treatment of sprains, strains and dislocations
- First Aid Treatment and Management of the following injuries but not limited to: Head Injuries, Electrocution, Eye injuries etc.
- Environmental emergencies: Hypothermia, Heat stroke, Near drowning, Bites & Stings e.g: snake bite, spider bite, scorpion & bee sting
- Assistance with Emergency Child Birth
This course is accredited by TETA and by the Department of Employment and Labour.
This course is aligned to Unit Standard 376480 – Provide first aid as an advanced first responder. NQF Level 3, 8 Credits.
A list of available and upcoming courses
What have others said about our training…
I loved this course and the instructors were very, very helpful. Not only was this course very interesting and helpful, they made it fun so that you want to come back again.
I found this training great and will recommend it to anyone that is interested. the Instructors were great.
I applaud them for their hard work and dedication.
The equipment used in class was very impressive and made the course interesting much more easier for me as a learner.
The instructors are very well orientated on how to conduct training. I enjoyed every moment while being in class.